Please find the details for second edition of India Backyard Ultra.
Thursday, January 28, 2021
- Digital via Zoom (Check you email)
- Timing: 7:00 PM- 8:00 PM
Saturday, January 30 2021 (RACE DAY)
- 5:30 a.m.-6:30 a.m. Packet Pickup/Registration
- 7:00 a.m. Race Flags Off
Sunday, January 31, 2021 (if you survive)
- 7:00 a.m. Continue grinding on trail for as long as you can
Each loop is 4.16667 miles
The trail is a mix of turmac, loose gravel, beaten sand and rocks through the bushes of Gurgaon. There is a little shade off sun at some sections, but we’re sure you aren’t going to need any in cold of January.
Historically, day time temperature of Gurgaon in January is about 20 C. The night temperature may drop to low as 8 C. Given you will be on trail, expect night trail to be cooler by 3 C than forecasted weather. Come prepared for possible rains as well.
1. India Backyard Ultra will be flagged off at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 30, 2021
2. Before the start of each loop, the race director will go through the following protocol indicating time until the start.
- 3 minutes before the start (whistle will be blown 3 times)
- 2 minutes before the start (whistle will be blown 2 times)
- 1 minute before the start (whistle will be blown 1 time)
- 30 seconds will be announced before start
- 10 seconds will be counted down before the start
- START (Cowbell will be rung)
3. Runners have 60 minutes to finish the loop once it has started. If you finish a loop within the hour, you have the opportunity to START the next loop provided you are in the start corral when the next hour starts. If you do not finish within the hour, you are out of the race and considered a DNF.
4. Once you are on the course, you are not allowed to receive any aid from your crew or anyone else other than fellow active runner. You are not allowed to return to camp once the loop has started. You must be on and stay on the course, unless you need to use the bathroom (please do so off the trail or at the Start). There will not be a port-a-potty on the course.
5. No artificial aids (including trekking poles) are allowed
6. Once you are back to the start and assuming you’ve finished within the hour, you may use the bathroom, eat, drink, sleep, ponder the next loop, etc., but you must be back in the start corral before the bell rings or you will be considered a DNF (NO EXCEPTIONS). This means you can NOT start late (even if you are in bathroom). You may also choose not to continue though you will be considered a DNF.
7. Runners are responsible for their own aid, but we will have some basic ultra runner fare throughout the race.
8. Near the start/finish line, runners will have a small area where they may set up a chair for quick access between loops.
9. Pacers are not allowed. Runners may have crew if they like, but keep it to a minimum. Crew may provide any kind of aid after you finish the loop or before you start the next one. No assistance, or contact of any sort is allowed when you are on the course.
10. The course will be marked from end to end. The race venue will be open after noon on Friday once the course is marked. If you plan to explore the trail on Friday evening, reach out to us before you venture on the trail to confirm if marking has been finished.
11. Only active runners and race officials have permission to access the race route once the first loop is flagged off. Crew or friends or runners who have quit are not allowed to be on the route to cheer or support their runner or even venture just to explore. You may do so once the race is over.
12. Runners will continue until only one is left who completes the Final Lap. If there are two runners left and one does not complete the loop, then the one that completed the loop will be declared the winner. If none of them finish, or refuse to go for the final lap for win, all will be DNF and there will NOT be Finisher.
13. The last finisher will be considered the winner of the The Last Man Stands in India’s Backyard Ultra and will be eligible for the GOLDEN TICKET.
There will be no aid stations on the course. However, there will be one at the Start/Finish area. The aid station will we have water, Nimbu Paani, and some basic snacks.
There will not be any plastic/paper cups or bottles. Runners must carry their own hydration bottle, pack, or cup to refill their water supply. India Backyard Ultra is a cupless race and strictly has zero tolerance for plastic waste on or off the course. If found littering, it may lead to your disqualification.
Runners are not necessarily expected to carry bottles on the course, but is suggested if you are one that gets thirsty easily. If there is any special drink, nutrition, or other food items that you require, please come prepared.
SOME WORDS OF COMMON SENSE
- Race entries/bib numbers are not transferrable – hence NO unofficial runners.
- The course will be well marked with ribbon, flags and paint. Stay on the course at all times. Do not cut the course for any reason. Any runner caught doing so will be disqualified.
- Please respect others that are on the trail. The trails on the course are open to the public and will be well traveled in some places. Please announce your intentions to pass if you are coming upon another runner or public in general.
- If at anytime you intend to drop out of the race, please do so at an aid station/checkpoint by notifying the race director. Surrendering your bib will serve as notice of withdrawal/DNF for the race. Failure to follow these policies means somebody has to come looking for you and it will be a costly affair that you will have to bear.
- Smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages during the race and at the race site is not permitted for runners or their crew. Any violations will have serious consequences, including disqualification.
- The use of personal music devices is not allowed at this race.
- Smile for the photos even when you are suffering. Pain is temporary. Race photos are Forever!
Participant List – January 2020 (LMS Batch 1)
- Rashmi Mohanty
- Neelanjan Banerjee
- Kshitish Purohit
- Keshav Manik Tahla
- Biplab Mukherjee
- Sneha Bharadwaj
- Tarun Nehra
- Juby George
- Mandeep Doon
- Praveen Sharma
- Anubhav Apoorva
- Vishal Adhau
- Sumit Singh
- Kartik Joshi
- Pranay Pratap Mohanty
- Abhishek Rathor
- Dr. Subodh Kumar
- Sanjay Kumar
- Abhishek Mishra
- Harminder Singh
- Manish Satyanarayana
- Binay Sah